Eric M. Schorr
Eric Schorr joined Sessions, Fishman & Nathan, L.L.C. in 2002, and practices primarily in the areas of Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate. He is certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Estate Planning and Estate Administration and advises clients in all aspects of estate planning and estate administration, and he is recognized as an authority in the fields of Special Needs Trusts and Medicaid Planning. Eric is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Academy of Special Needs Planners, the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning and the New Orleans Estate Planning Council. He is also a Co-Chair of the New Orleans Bar Association’s Committee on Wills, Trusts and Successions.
Eric received his undergraduate degree from Tulane University and his Juris Doctor from the Loyola University School of Law, where he served on the editorial board of the Loyola University Journal of Public Interest Law as Articles Editor and received several awards for Law Excellence in the areas of Federal Taxation of Wealth Transmission and Federal Income Taxation. He also earned a Master of Laws Degree (LL.M.) in Elder Law (with Honors) from the Stetson University School of Law in Tampa, Florida. He is one of only three lawyers in Louisiana (and the only lawyer in Southeast Louisiana) to have earned this distinct designation.
Eric is a member of the Louisiana Law Institute, the official advisory law-revision commission, law-reform agency, and legal-research agency of the State of Louisiana, where he serves on the Committee for Disabled Adult Children.
Eric is also approved as a Dispute Resolution Arbitrator by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and frequently serves on arbitration panels deciding cases of securities law violation and broker/dealer misconduct.
In 2020, Eric was named as a Managing Partner of the Firm.
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Business & Corporate
- Elder Law and Special Needs Planning
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Estate Planning Council, Member
- Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization, 2011
- Dispute Resolution Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor – May, 2002
- Honors: Certificate of International Law
- Honors: Received several Awards for Law Excellence in the Areas of Federal Taxation
- Honors: Received several Awards for Law Excellence in Areas of Wealth Transmission
- Law Journal: Loyola University Journal of Public Interest Law, Articles Edito
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- LL.M., Master of Laws cum laude – December, 2014
- Tulane University
- Undergraduate Degree cum laude