Laura E. Fine
Laura Fine is a partner of the law firm of Sessions Fishman & Nathan, LLC. Laura received her Bachelor’s degree in psychology at Centenary College of Louisiana in her hometown of Shreveport in 2001. Laura graduated with her J.D. from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California in 2006. She then attended Tulane University Law School and received her LL.M degree in Comparative and International Law in 2007. She joined Lehmann, Norman, & Marcus in August of 2008 and Sessions Fishman & Nathan in January 2021. Her concentration is in the fields of estate planning, estate administration, and business law. She is admitted to practice in California and Louisiana. She is board certified as a specialist in Estate Planning and Administration from the Louisiana State Bar Association, a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy through the American College, and an Accredited Estate Planner through the National Association of Estate Planning Councils. She is a board member of the New Orleans Planned Giving Council and a board member of the New Orleans Estate Planning Council. She was also named a SuperLawyers Rising Star in 2016 and 2017.
Her practice concentrates in the areas of estate planning, successions, business transition planning and estate litigation.
- LL.M in International and Comparative Law/ Tulane University School of Law
- Juris Doctor/Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- B.A./ Centenary College
- New Orleans Estate Planning Council Member
- New Orleans Planned Giving Council Member
- Louisiana Bar Association Member
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP)
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®
- Board member of the Trust Code Committee for the Louisiana State Law Institute
- “Everything is Different in Louisiana: An Overview of Forced Heirship” – Estate Planning Journal
- August 2021; “End of Life Decisions: Powers of Attorney & Living Wills” – ABA Law Practice Today,
- March 2021; “End of Life Decisions: Living Will, Health Care Power of Attorney and Other Issues”
- Louisiana Bar Journal, April/May 2019
- Volunteer attorney and Past Board Chair of Project Lazarus
- Lecturer on various estate planning topics including planning with LGBT individual and couples and end-of-life planning
- Past Board member of Lift Louisiana’s Legal Advisory Board
- Past member of the Human Relations Advisory Commission for the City of New Orleans
- New Orleans Magazine‘s 2023 “Top Lawyer” in the area of Trusts and Estates
- New Orleans Magazine‘s 2023 “Top Lawyer” in the area of Elder Law.